Jackson School and the Wellbeing Team strive for a vibrant and positive school culture with a shared enthusiasm for learning. Each student deserves a safe and positive learning experience where they are engaged and supported to reach their full potential.
The Wellbeing team aim to provide an early intervention with targeted and individual strategies, we hope to prevent disengagement and address challenging behaviours before they escalate.
We endeavour to ensure the following:
- The school environment is inclusive and empowering, valuing positive contributions of our students and creating a sense of belonging and connectedness that is conducive to positive behaviours and effective engagement in learning.
- Multiple opportunities for students to take responsibility and be involved in decision making.
- To provide a social/emotional and educational support for at risk and vulnerable students.
- To have school wide and classroom expectations and consequences for problem behaviour.
- To create a physical environment that is conducive to positive behaviours and effective engagement in learning.
- School Leadership and staff promote a culture of respect, fairness and equality and foster respectful relationships.